Pages

Friday, April 1, 2011

Blurts from the Peanut Gallery

It's been a couple days since I've blogged. I haven't quite gotten into the routine of talking to myself in the form an imaginary reader audience. I seem to get most of my inspiration in the shower, so for those of you deductive reasoners out there in my imaginary reader audience, you may gather that I've either had an uninspiring week or I haven't showered. I did have a couple interesting thoughts come to me throughout my shower-less week, oh I mean uninspiring. Not really enough to tell a story about any, but enough to jot down and blurt out commentary.

THOUGHT: A lady at work said today that its her dream to be a chef and if she could go to culinary school she'd wake up happy everyday.


BLURT: Go to culinary school! What are you waiting for? Your kids are grown and married, and your husband has a job. What do you have to lose? Life is short people, take a chance once in awhile.



THOUGHT: We're trying to eat more organic at home and cut out preservatives and chemicals and all the things that people kinda know are in their foods, but try not to think about to much. Me and my sisters are pretty much sugar junkies though so it's not easy. So tonight, I experimented by making organic black bean brownies.

BLURT: They taste like beans with chocolate chips.



THOUGHT: I've been reading through fashion magazines, and the trend this season seems to be wearing something neutral and boring with something bright and weird.

BLURT: Good thing I already do that. I finally get to be in style for once.



THOUGHT: Today my grandpa gave me some good advice on relationships. Don't give yourself away before you get married, he said. Actually the exact words were, "If you're gonna have sex, at least get paid."

BLURT: You go Grandpa!



THOUGHT: It's been really slow at work lately. I'm a full-time employee so I have to stay all day no matter what, but it really makes the time drag by.

BLURT: Clicking things open and closed on the computer makes you look busy.



THOUGHT: Coconut oil is amazing stuff. It's healthy to eat and great for your skin and hair. Nature's little miracle.

BLURT: When you're using it to cook, you probably shouldn't rub it all over your skin and hair. These things should be done all at different times.


Well that's all I've got for now. I imagine I'll have something more cohesive tomorrow while I'm experiencing my shopping withdrawals.

No comments:

Post a Comment