Pages

Sunday, March 27, 2011

My Name is Kelsie...and I'm a Shopaholic.

As you can see from the title, my name is Kelsie. If you're reading this, you probably already knew that though. I somewhat doubt anyone would specifically search for a random blog about nothing in general. Anyway, if my years of schooling has taught me anything, its that this paragraph should explain everything I'm going to ramble on about. In reality, that is not possible, because I'm not quite sure what that is yet. But I can explain why I'm writing...and just to be a rebel, I'll do it in the second paragraph (take that 10th grade English!).

I have recently graduated from college in Southern California and moved back to my bustling hometown in Washington. Let me be clear when I say bustling, I actually mean small mill town that no one has ever heard of. I fulfilled the American college student's dream when I moved back into my parents basement, where I share a bedroom with my other college-aged sister. Now just to redeem myself here, I can add that I do have a pretty good job and I live at home partially because I'd be lonely if I didn't. But anyway, back to the explanation. In moving home, I left most of my friends back in California and have found myself starting over. To add to that, I recently went through a break-up (we'll call it mutual, for the sake of keeping things peaceful). My free time has transitioned to going to the beach with friends and texting the boyfriend to babysitting my younger siblings and taking naps. So, with all this newly found spare time and disposable income, I have began spending my weekends in Ross and Macy's. And so began my decent into shopaholism.

Actually, I have several reasons for starting this blog, as you may have gathered from my short intro. It's time to branch out and share my random thoughts with the world and/or people who search for random blogs about nothing in general. Although I'd be lying if I said that avoiding the shopping binges on the weekends wasn't one of them. I may not really be a shopaholic, even though I'm pretty sure denial would be proving it.

No comments:

Post a Comment